Mill Process Operator
Massey Feeds is a caring, innovative company and as such, we need people who bring passion, enthusiasm and a strong motivation to provide the best in customer service to our client base.
We believe that a business is only as strong as the individuals who work within it, and that it’s important to nurture enthusiastic, passionate and proactive people. Our reputation in the agricultural industry is excellent and has been carefully built over the past 140 years. We have a friendly community of employees who enjoy what we do and are given the tools to make a difference.
An opportunity has arisen for a shift production operator in our Holmes Chapel mill. The mill operates 24 hours, 7 days per week and the shift rota is geared to support this, although occasionally, some flexibility may be required to cover absence, holidays etc, for which overtime is paid.
For the successful applicant, the core pattern will be a 4 on 4 off, 12-hour shifts rotating on a day’s/night’s cycle, or there is an option for permanent night shift.
• The job holder will be a member of a shift team, with responsibilities including operating the automated process control system, hands on machine maintenance and warehouse operation. Experience of similar industrial equipment and an aptitude for computers would be an advantage.
• The successful candidate will undertake regular inspections of plant and product, highlighting any deviations from our high standards of quality and safety.
• Candidates will be able to demonstrate full appreciation of working within a culture that encourages teamwork and where Health & Safety considerations are first and foremost.
• The site is run by a small team of motivated individuals, so a willingness to gain experience in other areas of the business is an advantage.
• It is important that the job holder is a dependable team player as they will be an essential part of the site team.
• Massey Feeds is committed to provide full training and support to address any knowledge gaps and help you to grow your career skills.
• The successful applicant will be practical and with good interpersonal skills. Candidates must live within reasonable commutable distance to our Holmes Chapel site. On offer is a competitive wage together with excellent Terms & Conditions.
Please send applications and a full CV via email to, email@example.com
Closing date is Monday 19th February 2023
Please submit CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org